Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer in our city

How quickly Summer days skate by.

This week finds us in July, relishing everything that is Summer in our glorious city...
splashing in the local pool...
attending Farmer's Market...
cool evenings around the chiminea making s'mores...
afternoon thunderstorms...
impromptu barbecue get-togethers with friends...
staying up late...
ice-cold beverages, fresh fruit, and meals-hot-off-the-grill...
ahhhh, Summer.

This week also finds me in my 31st week of pregnancy. Holy crap! Nine (short) weeks from now I will be the mama of three...three! My nesting instincts are starting to kick in and I've generated quite a list of "to-dos" before baby arrives. At the very top of the list, however, is just to gestate. Easy enough...especially since I'm still feeling pretty good.
Made a quick trip to Billings to visit all the grand-folks. Billings was enjoying sunnier weather than our beloved Bozeman so we followed the sun. Smiggy and Blake took advantage of Grammie Myers' pool and "no suit required" rule.
Matt and I have spent many evenings relaxing, chatting, being thankful for our home/yard/deck, making s'mores, and just enjoying each other's company in front of the chiminea.
Thursday mornings are set aside for play group with friends at our house. Coffee, juice, snacks, sun and water...all we need for a few hours of fun.
Most of my friends are pregnant...we're quite a site when all together - especially in public. (A very cute site, I think.) Sara, far left, delivered a sweet baby girl a week ago.
Pedicures for the pregnant.
When the weather refuses to cooperate, we head to PartiesRUs, where the kiddos can jump, slide, and wear themselves out on the air-filled play zone. Rebecca, Liz-a-boo, and Jack.
Smith enjoying the thrill of a huge, air-filled slide. I've been known to enjoy it a time or two myself.
Smith, again, giving the air-filled dog a head butt...no joke.
Early morning boys with their "draw-dos"...that is drivers, screw drivers.
Me and my no-longer-baby boys at a cabin on the Boulder.

6 comments:

aubyn said...

Great post Reese!

Gailzee said...

Reesie! No kidding! It's about time you posted again! You would think you were the mother of twins and pregnant or something! What a great bunch of bellies! How fun for all of you to share this special time together! I just loved seeing your house and the boyz...Matt included! Continue with that fun summer stuff!
Love to all!

Hannah said...

Ah, your living the dream my dear. The shot of all you girls pregnant is hilarious! Your boys are getting really big, I can't beleive it, how fun that can slide and play in pools and enjoy the summer. You look beautiful and I can hardly believe your already 31 weeks along, how the time passes when it's not your own belly!

Dave said...

It is almost July and that due date is right around the corner. We are all looking forward to meeting the newest member of the Schuyler fam. The belly picture was too cute.
Love Laurie

Janelle Wilson said...

Bellies, babies, and butts - oh my! Bozeman sounds absolutely delightful this summer. :)

Lindsey K said...

Yay for pictures, prego friends and super cute kids....I have a huge smile on my face! When are you making that day trip to Helena?! :)