Monday, January 31, 2011

Lately

Hello, February! February is better than January. Why? It's shorter, plain and simple. So, with that said, let's wrap up January...

Mason, his vest and his map.
It's far too cold to go on a walk with just a vest...try telling that to an almost-four-year-old who pretty much knows everything. No matter how much he shivers or huddles, he will not admit to being cold/wrong. Oi. On this particular day, he was using his map to direct us where to go on our walk. Like I told you, he knows everything.

My little sherpas.

Trooper.
He wants to walk, pull a sled, or push a dump truck like the big boys but he is frequently foiled by his clumsy toddler feet, exacerbated by the bulky winter garb. It seems he always has a purple/green bruise on his forehead.

Occasionally, one of Sawster's brothers will share his dump truck. Pure joy.
Mittens and toddlers do not work well together. Argh. Mini-down jackets, on the other hand, do work well with toddlers. I need not mention how adorable Saw looks in his puffy jacket - too obvious. :)
Smigg-a-doo.
This was taken on a particularly warm and sunny day. Hence, no coat.
This boy no longer has a baby face - he's my dude.
Amex (Mason).
Same sunny day as above and M is overdressed. He's into extremes - underdressed (vest) or overdressed (sherpa coat).

Fresh flowers are medicating my disgruntled attitude toward winter.
Highly recommended.

Amidst the clutter of the kitchen corner, if you look closely, you will see a sneaky little tot hiding from his mama.

Rough shape.
What did I tell you about his forehead bruising? He's in the habit of toddling about with his thumb in his mouth. Incredibly, he chooses to "catch" his fall with his forehead rather than remove his hand from his mouth to stop a fall with his hands. Let's hope he grows out of this. :)
Smitty, suddenly, no longer likes knit pj pants. He says they are too tight. Don't bother explaining "flame retardant" or "fire safe" to an almost-four-year-old. Save your breath. Anyhoo, rather than fight him on it, I just whipped up a pair of lounge pants. He really looks like a dude now.
Mom and Pop Myers came up to Bozeman for a weekend to watch the monkeys while Matt and I escaped for a mini-vacation. We rented this house in Paradise Valley, wined and dined in Livingston, cross-country skied in Yellowstone Natl Park, soaked at Chico Hot Springs, and generally just enjoyed one another's undivided attention. This is the only picture we took, taken during our ski tour. It was a glorious weekend!
I do so enjoy watching my husband chop wood.
My man, swinging an ax, displaying his strength, providing fuel for the fire (pun intended :).

Hot Chocolate!
Who can resist a chubby-rosy-cheeked monkey in snow-pants?
This mama cannot.




Smith reading "Danny and the Dinosaur" to Mase.

8 comments:

Janelle Wilson said...

The boot picture is classic - sadly I think Seth and I have a bigger, less organized pile for far less people. I love that the boogars are reading Danny the Dinosaur - it truly warms my heart! They will be reading in no time... scary! Are you just counting down the days until Kindergarten?

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so cute! I love reading your blog.

Marci

lanerdoo said...

I think you staged that boot picture nicely :) You know they make toddler sized helmets, you could probably round one up for Sawyer... just so he doesn't end up "special".
Your flowers are lovely and I think it is wonderful that you get out as often as you do in the cold and snow and I am super happy you guys got away for a weekend. Good for you.

aubyn said...

I think your mini vacation sounds AWESOME! I love Chico :)

Gailzee said...

The whole BLOG was just so special! I loved the boots, boys and bruises! Everything is normal including the chap who is never wrong and the pants that are too tight!! Oh Reese.. good for you and Matt! Looked like a lovely place! God bless you all!
Love, Gail

Addie said...

I especially echo Gail - everything looks great and I agree about January. GO AWAY JANUARY!

Oh... I guess it did.

Lindsey K said...

I so enjoy your posts....and it just makes me want to live closer so I could swing on by and watch those monkeys for you while you drove to town and got a coffee. Does the thought count?? :)
That last picture of Soy boy is toooo cute!! I think I will also take your advice on the flowers, it is so needed about this time of year! Love you bunches Reesie!

Kayla Powell said...

Man I hate that I'm missing all of this! You're family is awesome, that's all there is to it. Hang in there until summertime!