Thursday, February 24, 2011

Daily Grind

Well, nothing really revolutionary going on around here (unlike Egypt and Libya). Just truckin' along with the day-to-day.

Little boys find it necessary to dump out all the legos out at once...even if they only play with the airplane and 6 legos. This is how my living room looks 99% of the time. Watch your step. (Joel Moore and Sawyer in picture.)
Kale Moore and Mason piecing a dinosaur puzzle together. If only I had a dollar for each time this puzzle was dumped out, put together, and put away. It'd be like $20...a day!


Oh, my little Soy-man. Let's see, he is
  • wanting to do whatever M and S are doing
  • acquiring many new words each day
  • hitting his head less often (thank goodness!)
  • outgrowing all his clothes - he is a chunk
  • finally loving his blankie
I sewed him this blankie back when he was still a wee little one.
However, he would have nothing to do with it - I placed it in his crib every nap/night and it would be thrown out on the floor within minutes. About a month ago, he realized M and S both had beloved blankies and suddenly his became quite dear. He drags it about the house, snuggles underneath it to sleep, and covers his lap with it when being read a story. It is no small thing to this mama that he loves something she has made.
Chocolate chip cookie face.
After devouring one cookie, he asked for another and I said 'no more'. A few moments later, Sawyer finds me putting away laundry in the bedroom. Holding another cookie in his chocolatey mitts, he smiles and proudly says, "Hi!" Cheeky little bugger managed to grab another cookie off the counter and couldn't resist showing his mama. I guess I'm thankful he hasn't learned how to be sneaky like the other two yet. :)

It is common, around these parts, to find miniature monuments set up in unlikely places. I like to think of them as household cairns. :)




Mase and Smithy call these paper/scissors/sticker/crayon activities their "signments", pretending to be like our neighbor gal, Alana, who comes over for help with her math assignments.

These two still enjoy most of the same activities, and they play well together a good portion of the day. But as they grow, their individuality grows too. Mason will only wear 'work' pants (jeans) that snap. Smith feels jeans are too tight and will only wear elastic waste cargo pants. Chocolate milk is M's pick for lunch; S insists on orange juice. I know these are small, ordinary differences but, up until recently, they have always wanted the same of everything so it is a significant shift in the way of things around here. Keeps me on my toes.
The Bozeman Symphony held a free family concert a few weekends back.
I took the older two to a coffee shop and then to the morning concert for a date. Smith is enjoying a cinnamon-sugar muffin.

Mason opted for a scotch-a-roo at 9 in the morning (gag). The concert was short and Harry Potter themed so the monkeys enjoyed it. Smith whispered several times during the concert, "Mom, I like to take a date with you." Sweet boys. I know this won't always be the case, so I am dreaming up many more dates.
Playing shirtless is a thrill no matter the temperature.
I painted the room off the kitchen a lovely shade of gray/blue. However, it's more blue than I wanted so I'll be re-painting it this weekend. Sigh. The previous picture of M without a shirt shows the color we've lived with since moving in. I painted all the bedrooms before we moved in, but haven't touched the living room/dining room/kitchen/hallway. They are all still 'Builder Beige', which is not bad...it's just not me. So, I'm finally getting around to changing that. I hope to have before/after shots on the blog in the next few weeks...or months.

It's been so stinkin' cold lately that we haven't been able to get outside as much as is necessary. I've been inspired by this Winter Manifesto to keep a positive attitude toward the evil that is winter. :)



I believe they're singing, "We will! We will!" I love how they pause their playing while Smith turns the page...as if they're actually reading the music. Oh, monkeys.

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Loved the video. I downloaded a Steve Green kids song "Do everything without complaining, do everything without arguing, so that you can become blameless and pure children of God" (phillipians)and it sings these lyrics over and over! The other one is (ephesians)"Children obey your parents and the Lord for this is right" over and over and over and over. I put it on in the car and just sing and sing to it. We'll see if my scheming works. I also downloaded Mumford and Sons for me.

Dave said...

Busy busy times at your home. I LOVE that video. You are amazing. I can't believe you have time to paint, and I am so glad that Sawyer has a friend. I think you and Matt should sing that song. WE WILL, WE WILL, WE WILL, get through this.

Laurie said...

oops, that last comment was from me and not Dave. Sorry

Addie said...

I think they are wanting to be singers like their auntie. All these pics and updates make my heart full, and even though I know it is a LOT (especially in these ridiculously long winters) with those munchkins, they are perfectly dear and you are quite nearly perfectly patient.

At least, whenever I am around. :)

Grammie Perrine said...

Love peeking in on your wonderful family... PS I do not think I have EVER painted unless the house was completely empty (pre-moving in) AND I had help! All you Myers girls sing, right? Perhaps your families will become the next Osmonds?

jenty said...

those are beautiful boys, reese!

Kayla Powell said...

I love your posts! Those kids are just amazing- not surprising knowing who their parents are.
Congratulations for almost making it through yet another winter, soon summertime complete with campfires and suntans will ensue! Keep that in mind and hang in there :) We miss you!

lanerdoo said...

Hilarious. I especially liked the dino-cairn. That is so cute. If your babes can't appreciate your homemade goods, you are welcome to send them my way. I promise to cherish them all!
Sneaky Sawdawg and his cookies, no wonder his clothes are so little on him :)
Your boys are a handful for sure but, you have amazing composure and control. I admire you to no end, YOU GOT THIS!

Lindsey K said...

they are all so big. This means it has been too long since I have seen them! Way to keep positive on the winter. And for the record I liked the blue paint. Love you!