Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Over-due Update

Yes, this update is much over-due...

The Fellas.
Three of my very favorite faces - all smiling and looking at the camera - glory be!

Ma and Pa Schuyler joined us in Bozeman for a night.
They spoiled Matt and me by taking us out for a nice dinner to celebrate turning 30. They spoiled the monkeys with doting attention, a new movie, and spontaneous wrestling sessions.

Smiggle-D.
We've had a wonderfully mild Fall in Bozeman. Lots of sunshine and a bit of rain - but no snow. This mama is loving all the energy that can still be expended outside and the resulting rosy cheeks.
Preschool has been such a bonus to us all. M and S really enjoy it - they are learning about patterns, rhyming, and all sorts of other things. They love their teachers and have really bonded with their 'movement' teacher, Tyler. Super bonus to have a male preschool teacher.

I, of course, enjoy the simplicity of having only one child for a few hours. I've never really had that, you know. And, I'm just gonna say it, dealing with only one 2 yr-old at a time is cake. Cake. There, I said it :).

Sawyer enjoys having his mama to himself. We run errands, we stop for a snack and coffee at a coffee shop, we putz around at home, we visit friends. He really likes to paint with watercolors. Don't think I ever attempted painting with M and S at the age of 2, but all the rules relax a bit the 2nd time around.

Mason demonstrating his 'balancing-on-one-foot' skills. Almost November and my child is still sporting crocs (w/o socks).

20 weeks pregnant and I finally feel good...not just 'fine', but good.
(I really don't have a good setup for taking my own picture.) I've seen an acupuncturist a few times to address some pregnancy annoyances - like my constant stuffy nose and painful veins. I think it's helping but who knows. I have a routine ultrasound next week where we will not be finding out the baby's gender. My c-section is slated for March 6th-ish.

Sawyer E (Matt is calling him "Silver" or "Silvs" these days.) My children have an uncanny ability to make swords out of dang near anything.

Spider-man crawling into the hunting blind set up in my living room.
(There's a sentence I never thought I'd write.) Matt killed an elk with his bow this year - hallelujah - and is now gearing up for deer season. He plans to take M and S with him a few times and the blind will allow him to do that. Without the blind, the monkeys would have to be perfectly still and absolutely quiet. Ha.



A "concert" for your enjoyment.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I love the spiderman climbing into the hunting blind...in the livingroom. I bet that wasn't high on your list of home accesories.

lanerdoo said...

ohthankgoodness... not that I can talk. Glad you posted, I always love hearing about your various activities and adventures. Your boys crack me up :) And you are correct, one 2 year old is cake, adding babes to the equation complicates things...

Addie said...

Pure adorable. I love Sawyer's (Silver's) wagging head as he pounds away on that drum. Your boys are welcome to hang with me any time.

gailzee said...

What a fun surprise for me today! I am so glad you're feeling better! Your post was just absolutely heart-warming! I love getting to see and hear all about the monkees and their shenanigans! I love that they go to preschool and that you and Sawyer have time together! just an all round fun post to read! Thanks!