Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hello from Jackson, Wyoming! The twins, my mama and I have journeyed to Jackson to visit Ray and Meg Womack and Joy Schneiter, up from Glenwood Springs. We made the trek in about five hours with only minimal melt downs. The boys are sleeping in the laundry room in their own pac-n-play... the dryer drowns out all our late-night laughter and nap-time chatter. It's great!

This is our first real road-trip. We've been to Billings, of course, but that trek is only 2 hours and Grammie and Papa's house is a familiar setting. Mason and Smith are enjoying the change of scenery and the many smiling faces giving them attention. Joy, Meg and Monica haven't allowed me to change a diaper - what a luxury! They are also helping to spoon feed the boys sweet potatoes, peas, yogurt and many other messy foods. It's a fun job but also very sticky.

As always, the boys are drawing much attention in stores and on the sidewalk as we stroll in our double wide. "How cute!" "Are they twins?" "How old are they?" "Two boys?" "You must be very busy!" Since I am tired of answering these questions and explaining our situation, I can let Meggie push the stroller around town and chat with all the strangers. Those of you that know Meg know that she is certainly suited for this task.

I am loving the late-night chats with Joy-Joy, shopping downtown, letting others see to the constant needs of my sons, not changing diapers, the luxury of not cooking dinner (or any other meal), walking the ubiquitous trails, and most of all - the company of the people I love! Check back for pictures soon.

1 comment:

Joy Joy said...

What a great weekend. I loved the late night chats as well. The only problem with time together is that I realize how much I miss being closer, and it makes me sad to come home. Maybe someday we won't be so far apart...:)