Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend

We had a great Mother's Day weekend. Mother's Day Eve, the Moores came over to make sushi. Naomi made the rice, I sliced the veggies, and Pete did the real work of assembling and rolling the sushi rolls.

Our ingredients (as shown above): tuna, shrimp, yellow/red bell pepper, avocado, carrots, and fish eggs.
Beautiful presentation, eh? Peter, you're a sushi master!
After dinner, the boys watched The Truth 11 (a bow-hunting DVD) while Naomi and I read and chatted.
My Mother's Day gift and cards.

My present! A few days ago, I asked Matt if we could start planning a vacation to Hawaii, just the two of us, before we have any more kiddos. He seemed agreeable but there was no definite "yes". Sunday, he gave me our change jar labeled with "Hawaii" and an additional $40 inside. Woohoo! We're shooting for next December or January.That afternoon, Matt watched the boys while I hit the Gap and the library. Let the travel plans begin!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy mother's day Reese!
you and Matt are doing a great job, you deserve a trip to Hawaii :)
hope you had a good day! thanks for always welcoming us to come see the boys and for letting us stay whenever we are in town! i love you guys!
-Kayla

Jacque said...

Hey Reese,
(Happy Mother's Day)^2!
So will there be any room in the trip to Hawaii for 2 more! That will be exciting. We went there on our Honeymoon but spent most of the time in the...HOSPITAL! So I owe Todd a makeup Honeymoon trip. He choose China though. It takes a lot of pennies, but it adds up.

naomi said...

matt-i'm impressed! nice work!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the creativity Matt, I am impressed and jealous! :)
Lindsey

Addie said...

Take me with you.

Anonymous said...

I'd love some of your "great, easy and delicious" recipes. I have a few of my own as well. Maybe I'll post them or email them or something...Hope you're having a great long weekend!

Anonymous said...

oops! That was from Lauren...