Monday, July 20, 2009

Of late


We've been enjoying glorious Summer weather here in Bozeman. This very-pregnant mama is happy to report that the temperature has crept above 85 degrees only a handful of times. I am getting progressively larger and less comfortable but still doing quite well and keeping the belly-aching (no pun intended) to a minimum. Ever mindful of the fleeting nature of Summer and the approaching arrival of a third little one, the boys and I are wringing every last drop of fun out of these warm, beautiful days.

What we've been up to:
Smith
Mason
Heading outside first thing in the morning (and staying there most of the day) - still in our jammies. Soon after I've gotten the boys up and changed their diapers, they start asking, "Out? Mama, out?" I can't resist their pleas, especially when they look so darn cute in their shark jammie shorts.Some days, when I'm craving something more than cold cereal or oatmeal, I'll make french toast and we'll enjoy it outside on the picnic table.

Both my little monkeys are increasing their vocabularies by leaps and bounds every day. "Bike" is a new favorite. As well as, "bah-cat" (bobcat), "eh-cuh-vator" (excavator), and "back-oh" (backhoe). You may have guessed correctly that we have a lot of road construction taking place around our house. My misinformed little lads point to the sky and shout "Choo choo!" whenever they hear an airplane overhead. Correcting them is of little use.
Since the days are longer, bedtime has become a little later. Matt and I put M and S in their pajamas one night and drove up Hyalite Canyon to the reservoir. Throwing "gocks" into the lake is always an activity the boys enjoy.
This picture also clearly demonstrates their "twin-ness". I can say, without much exception, that I am really enjoying having twins at this stage. I couldn't always say that, nor am I silly enough to think that the hard part is over (or will ever be). However, these two little guys are a lot of fun and are good company for one another and their parents.

Oh, the bounty and yummi-ness of fresh seasonal produce! My new favorite summer recipe. Find it here: Chicken-orzo salad with goat cheese . I add fresh, uncooked corn and double the dressing and cheese amounts :).
There is no shortage of outdoor activities with little boys. I can only imagine how it increases with their age. (Actually, I don't have to imagine. My husband constantly demonstrates his love of outdoor activity...a characteristic I much prefer to a love of sitting on the couch or the like.)



We lost our beloved froggie pool in a windstorm and have since acquired a smaller, but no-less-beloved, hippo pool. These guys love "wah-wah" and their "wee" (water and slide).

******************************

In the works:

  • We're headed to the Stillwater for a camping trip with my parents and my sisters and families. Our first attempt at camping with children is still fresh in our minds. We can only hope and pray that this attempt is more successful.
  • Next week, Matt heads out for his annual backpacking/fishing trip with his dad and buddies. Mason, Smith, and I will be heading to Billings to hang out for a few days.
  • Mid-August I will be taking a weekend trip with my mama and sisters to Missoula for a girls weekend. Lord-willing, I will be a mere 9 months pregnant by then (and loads of fun to be around...as always :).
  • End-of-August/first-of-September we will be hunkering down in joyful anticipation of our newest little one. Hooray!

5 comments:

Dave said...

The boys are growing up to be big talkers. Remember when you wondered, when will they ever talk? Now you know that they have lots to say. I love the pictures and hope that your camping trip goes better than the last one.(How could it be any worse?

lanerdoo said...

They are changing in leaps and bounds. Thank you for sharing pictures of your yummy food and yummier boys. I'm excited to try another camping adventure and even more excited to have girl time!

p.s. thanks for your encouragement.

Janelle Wilson said...

I recently went to Missoula with a gal who was nine months pregnant - I think it was the first time she realized HOLY CRAP, THIS IS UNCOMFORTABLE, since the whole thing began. We had a blast, nonetheless, as I'm sure you and your ladies will. There is NOTHING quite like a little Sister Time.

I love your babes and can't wait to meet the newest one!

Lindsey K said...

so how did camping go???
Also it was great to see you as usual :) sure love your smiling face!

Gailzee said...

The time I got to share with the boys while you guys were away was so priceless! Monica brought them to Pioneer and we took them swimming and they were just delighted and had such a good time! I am so thankful to be a part of their little lives and see all the changes and developments as each little unique personality emerges! God bless you all!