Thursday, August 16, 2012

In my absence, I've been thinking much about this here space. I could never have imagined, five plus years ago, how essential this blog would become to our family. It's become our family album, the boys' baby books, and a journal of sorts, all in one. I frequently look back at past posts when I forget specifics about events and milestones. And our blog title really sums it up. We share what we're doing, how we're getting along, things we love and things we're learning...because we really do "wish you were here" with us. And really, with this space, you are here with us. And that's a great thing. Anyhoo...

 Independence Day.  
The twin monkeys are really into fireworks. In fact, Smith had been saving his money since last July 4 to buy them. So, we bought/set-off/enjoyed many nights of fireworks.
 Most 5 year-olds probably aren't allowed to light fireworks...we like to push the envelope around here. :) When the night was over - a night that ended with Matt and the boys sitting on the roof to watch explosions over the Bozeman skyline - all fingers, toes, and eyes were intact. We all stayed up much too late and collapsed into our beds dirty and wonderfully happy.
 I'm not sure what they are doing. Possibly pretending to give G a shot with an ink pen. No matter, they were all in one place for a moment so I snapped a picture.
 Most days, Mason and Smith don't pay Gunner much attention. But some days, they ask to hold him and I always oblige...and take a picture. I pray, daily, that my boys would be kind to and love one another.  There are moments of kindness and love but it seems lately there is mostly fighting and hurtful words.
 God has given Matt and me four boys for His purpose...but He has also given each of my boys three brothers for His purpose. They'll get it someday. For now, I'll keep praying.
One of these boys just turned 3 and the other 6 months. They adore one another. More on Sawyer's birthday later.
We're down to only the youngest 2 of my 4 taking naps. But sometimes, every once in awhile, all four will sleep in the afternoon. I feel like a wizard on these days. And it's so quiet in my house - I don't talk or listen to music - I just revel in the silence. The Spiderman costume was put away for a spell but was recently rediscovered. Can you tell who's who based on the fingers they are sucking? :)
Ain't summer grand? We've spent a good portion of it meeting our friends at the park to play. I've become a master at packing picnic meals on the fly and I keep the essentials packed and ready to go right by the door.  Except diapers. I never seem to have a diaper handy.
 The jumperoo is meant to be stimulating...ahem. He's fallen asleep in that thing twice. My guess is that he basically rocks himself to sleep...which makes him the easiest kid EVER!



Did I mention that these two adore each other? Sawyer can get a little rough with him but, for the most part, Gunnie loves any and all attention from his "brudder".

4 comments:

Momica said...

Oh my goodness I looked and low and behold there you had posted!! Those boys are so full of life. They just bring smiles to the face. Sawyer looks like 3 agrees with him. Always a cut up!

Laurie said...

Thanks for the update. I remember many times trying to explain to my 4, that they were lucky to have each other. That they only had 3 siblings in the whole world...be nice to each other. Keep praying and loving them. I love all of your updates.

lanerdoo said...

Love it. I always love your posts. They may be sparse but they are so packed with goodies!

p.s. I watched the video on my phone while nursing Audrey in a fitting room and I'm pretty sure it sounded like I was watching a naughty video with the limited audio capabilities of a phone and the others' lack of a visual.

gailzee said...

Thanks for the happy surprise I got to tonight when I checked your blog! Your boyz are so cute and happy! You obviously work hard at making everyday a special one! I think God likes that! :)