Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sawyer Eames Schuyler

Sawyer Eames Schuyler entered our world August 15, 2009 at 7:51 am, weighing 6 lbs 14 oz, 20 3/4 inches long. His middle name is pronounced "aims". "Sawyer" means one who works with wood. Now we have a stone-worker, Mason, a metal-worker, Smith, and a wood-worker, Sawyer.

The newest Schuyler came a little earlier than expected...3 weeks early, actually, and we were caught a little off guard. However, we are thrilled with our newest baby boy and are excited for y'all to meet him. Pictures are about all I can muster at this point - but the birth story and further updates are to come. We are all doing very well, adjusting slowly but surely to having another little one in our family.
Just hours after my c-section - doing sooooo much better than my previous c-section.

MayMo checkin' the baby out.
Grammie - now a grandmother to 5 grandsons!
Grammie Schuyler and Aunt Janelle admiring Sawyer's pre-bath curly dark hair.

Awake...barely.
Our little SoyBean (and so the nicknames begin!)


Little chicken legs...this little guy has almost no body fat yet...and very long feet.
Enjoying the sun through our sliding glass door (at home) - sunshine helps break down the bililrubin (jaundice) in the blood.

Papa Schuyler and Daddy-O reveling in another Schuyler male.

9 comments:

THE WOODRING'S said...

Congrat, Matt and Reese. he is beautiful and you look great also.
Take care and hug's and kiss' to all
Chris and Kelsey Woodring

Addie said...

HURRAY! I love him and his little chicken legs. You're a pretty amazing momma.

Jessie said...

Congrats on your newest little boy. He is soooooo cute! How are the boys doing having a baby in the house? I hope that you are all doing well.

Dave said...

You did another awesome job Reese. The pictures are great.
Love Gamma (Laurie)

lanerdoo said...

Pictures are great! What a precious little smoochie face. I love the names and the meanings. I also love his skinny little self.

Good work mama.

Janelle Wilson said...

Such a distinguished little man! I love all of your boys so much; thank you for sharing them so willingly with all of us Aunties and Grammies and Papaws and friends. We just can't get enough. Love you!

Gailzee said...

Had a blast at your house! Thank you for letting me just hold that little guy as much as I could! It was so fun to be with all the cousins and their baby BOYS! Lane, We sure missed you! I just love all of you and I'm so proud of all the boys!

Jacque said...

Hey Reese,
He's adorable. I love the name as well as the nickname (I was hoping you'd post that too). Can't wait to hear the details after you've had some time to rest...oh wait...that will be NEVER!! Good luck!

Judy T said...

Reesie - he's beautiful. I love his long feet - I wonder if that is a glimpse of things to come - he'll have to grow into them. I think he looks quite different from Smith and Mason. Glad to see you are are all doing well...
Hugs, Judy